circus


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Move Update

For better or for worse we now live in the new house. The move went well on Saturday and we gathered the last of our things from East Side on Sunday. My dear friend Leslie flew in to watch Vin so Teri and I were able to devote full hands to moving before Teri left for San Diego on Sunday night.



I have to say that I am at the end of my rope with this project. For a solid 6 weeks we've been living in limbo and I'm ready for this to be finished. We're at the point now that all the major work is done but there are still lots of little projects to wrap up and this list keeps growing.



Vin and I slept here for the first time on Monday night. At that point we did not have an oven, microwave, washer, dryer, or hot water. I couldn't give him a bath and when I went to rock him to sleep I realized that one rocking chair was buried in the dining room under boxes and the other was in the garage. Then I realized that I left both his nightlight and my cellphone charger at the hotel. I had a complete meltdown and called Teri crying and yelling. Luckily James popped over for a visit and he went to get me a nightlight. This gave me faith that things had not really changed that much.



Tuesday our house was filled with electricians wrapping up their jobs and late in the afternoon our realtor & friend Brandi stopped by, we ran into Jessica, Michael and Isaiah in their stroller and then James showed up with a bottle of wine. Again, I had faith that life in the new house was ok. Plus, the gas guy showed up and gave me the gift of hot water and a stove! James made our dinner and he, Brandi and I sat in the back yard drinking wine and relaxing.



Then came Wednesday morning and I think the coffee pot was the instigator of my meltdown.

I have yet to find this damn thing. I'm also missing clean wash clothes, underwear and am on the last square of the toilet paper. The house is still a construction zone so it is sooo not kid friendly. We managed a good breakfast and then were off to home depot and were literally the first ones in the door.



As I write this, Wednesday at 12:30 I've had the opportunity to shift some boxes around and have located everything but the coffee pot, I have hot water and my washer/dryer is hooked up. My sister is coming over tonight to lend a hand and then slowly but surely things will shape up around here.

It's like I can see my life just in front of me, but it's still out of reach. Wish me luck!



Pictures coming soon.
























Our house is not yet finished

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I'll be home in 24 hours to help deal with the chaos. Cross your fingers for an earlier flight!

It's looking good though. I've seen the pictures you haven't posted yet. Love me some Tara Butt!!!!!

Teri

amr said...

Hey!!!! I miss being able to talk to you and Teri, things are so busy with ya'll and the new house, and me with Emma, school, and Richard started the academy yesterday!
I can't wait to see the new house and how things have progressed since the first time we went to see it. TTYL!

Love, Aja

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

Kam, hang in there! Things will be peachy keen before you know it. And you are not alone. Kevin and I have felt like our lives are just at the end of our fingertips fixing to slip away. I know that everything will slow down soon and we can all go on vacation, paying of course with coupons.

Anonymous said...

You know you guys can call me whenever! I will help whatever way I can. Love Tara

Wendy P said...

((((De Leons))))

Oh Kam, I'm feeling you on the coffee for reals. Hang in there!

Lourdes and Jamie said...

It'll be over soon. I'm sorry to have cancelled today but I'm having grading meltdowns over here--97 exams, 30 short essays each. Just shoot me.

You're totally welcome to bring Vin by on Saturday afternoon if you need a break and/or need to work on your new home some more. Can't wait to see it!

Jan said...

Breathe...and just do the next thing. I know, easy for me to say! Alas, what an exciting time of growth for you and your familia.

It's been a loooong time since I've checked in. Wow! Tons going on with you.

The Picciuti and the Coplens are doing well.

Unknown said...

Hey! Good luck with everything! I try and get on here every week to see the updates and pictures and such :)

ps, SAN SABA?! like behind st. bernards? my ex boyfriends family lives on the 1500 block of san saba i think. small world!