circus


Friday, September 25, 2009

Packing Up and Moving Out

Tomorrow is the big moving day. Teri took off work to help round up the last of the packing. Ashley and Katherine have volunteered some babysitting time and Leslie arrives tomorrow to be an extra set of hands to help with Vincent.

The floors are finished and the painters started yesterday. They hope to be finished on Saturday afternoon with some touch ups on Sunday. So that means we'll be moving in and working around the painters. We'll stay Saturday night at a hotel to let the paint dry and fumes dissipate and then we'll officially start sleeping there on Sunday. Unfortunately, Teri leaves on Sunday evening for San Diego so she won't really be there until later in the week.

Today we will pack up the last of our things, and then pack Teri for travel.

I still can't believe that we're moving even though we've been in the house buying/selling/renovating process for months now. It's strange to think that Vin will never remember this house, the house we brought him home to. As I've made renovation decisions on the new house I've always kept him and his future siblings in mind. "This is the house my kids will grow up in. Is there a place for them to eat cereal? Will this be a kid-friendly layout? Etc. Etc. Etc.

This is such an emotional time. Excitement for the memories to be made and grieving for our old house, our neighborhood, and most of all our neighbors.

About a month ago I promised a top 10 list of our favorite neighborhood items. I had planned to post them periodically with pictures but life has gotten in the way. Nevertheless, I'm posting our list which won't mean much to you but someday Teri and I can look back and remember these small things that were once part of our daily routine. These are in no particular order.
10. The House
9. Eggroll Hut - Mongolian beef and the sign
8. Year round Christmas decorations
7. Dog packs, Alice
6. Hello My Friend
5. Super Mercado tortillas & avocados
4. Characters - Pepe, Enriche, Lady with the limp, Love, Boxing Kids, Crazy Mary
3. Hack Berries
2. The mini-mall
1. Our wonderful neighbors

"See" you next week where we will have lots of pictures!

2 comments:

Tara said...

can't wait to see! let me know if you need anything!

Wendy P said...

I am a horrible friend. I had no idea it was so close!! Let me know if you need anything.