circus


Tuesday, June 2, 2009

On to Tuesday

I have to get this posted before my Law & Order starts. I haven't seen this one and that is a RARE occasion. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH, Mariska Hargitay!

Last night, Audrea came over for dinner in the middle of me posting, so as to not be rude I finished up with the post for me to continue today.

Let me begin my food postings by saying that we did not go to the grocery before Kam left. I am "cleaning out" the freezer, frig and pantry in an effort to save some money till the rest of my De Leon clan returns to the East Side.

So, I started off with some snapper. I am limited on fresh vegetables, which is unfortunate for me. We really do eat a lot of fresh stuff in our house, so I really got some slim pickins. The rice cooker caught my eye when I brought the dogs food bowl in. I grabbed it and started soaking some short grain rice. Searching for the rice (our grain/pasta area in the cabinet is an abyss of bulk food aisle baggies with the annoying twisty ties that have random numbers of information that is only useful to whatever store associate that scanned my groceries, why do I never remember to write the name of the item?!) I noticed some coconut milk. Searching for vegetables in the crisper, I found a dehydrated finger of ginger - I was excited to score this. But, remember that I was searching for vegetables, the crisper said NO. I did find some frozen carrot crinkles in the freezer, so I pulled those out and slammed them on the counter to break up the frozen carrot cluster it had become. So this is what I had to work with.

What we had for dinner - Pan Seared Gulf Coast Red Snapper with Ancho Chile-Coconut Sauce drizzled with Hot Sesame Oil over Sticky Rice served with Sauteed Ginger Carrots and Red Onion.

Try putting that on a menu. It was very good though.

My day today has been fairly uneventful. Work. Then home. I am still neglecting the dishes that are sitting from Sunday and beginning to procreate. They have yet to fall and I have yet to be bothered by them, so for now we have a truce.

I am also continuing to ignore the mess that surrounds me. We have toys separated out that need to go in the attic. A large box of Frito Lay chips in bulk that Rick gave us sitting in the middle of the room. I won't even mention the front room.

If you know us, you know that though we are both fussy about keeping the house picked up, but I am the freak show about this issue. For now, I am enjoying not picking up, sifting through our kitchen to concoct my meals, and sitting in my chair (that's right, Kam, I said MY CHAIR) in my underwear watching Madea's Family Reunion until my Law & Order comes on.

Oh, and did I say while enjoying a Cuurs Lite.

Till tomorrow then.

Teri

2 comments:

MamaNamaste said...

You crack me up!

I hate those darn bulk baggies! So much that I didn't use the contents when I bought them. I recently discovered that they have plastic containers near the nut butters that are much more user friendly! They even have nifty sticker labels!

Seriously- you are funny.

Tara said...

Teri,
I guess I really haven't ever gotten a chance to talk to you much--reading your posts I feel like I'm getting to know you better. You are GREAT with words and blogging--I love reading these. As Ashley said..you crack me up! :)