circus


Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Llano Trip Recap

Time flys by so fast. We've been home almost a week from Llano and I haven't posted the highlights of the trip. The long story short is that we had a great time and ate some great food too.


Mayme preparing Vin's pool.
Naked snacking waiting for the pool to be ready.



Tamale King: We always eat here at least once if not twice per trip.

Check out the queso on Vin's cheeks from his Tamale King dinner.



Hilltop Cafe: This was my first time here. It's a cool "Texas" restaurant housed in an old filling station. They serve a mix between Greek and Cajun food. Terry had Southern Fried Shrimp and Patty & I split the Pork Chop stuffed with green onion sausage, dried cherries, apples and herbs. Delicious!








We also ate at the new Walden Plantation. It's 10 miles outside of Llano but you feel like you're miles away at a tropical resort. In the background you can see the river bed and there are elevated decks where you can hang out. Maybe we can stay there sometime.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to stay there!!!
Tara

Anonymous said...

I love the naked picture and yes we need to check into staying at the Walden. Mayme

Anonymous said...

Hey it's me again. Don't you just love Grumps in his glasses! Mayme

Tara said...

I love reading about your adventures in travel and food!

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

Patty, I was just thinking how cute Dad was in his glasses. Love the pictures, can't wait to join you guys. Oh we are going to have so much fun.

Anonymous said...

love him nked