circus


Friday, November 13, 2009

Flashback Friday

I can't even tell you how much I like our new home and neighborhood. Here's just a few things that come to mind .Vin's Mother's Day Out church is directly across the street and I've met several new Mom's there and the bonus is that I like them. The church has two playgrounds and then there is a city park .5 miles away. Our backyard is so easy to hang out in and big enough for Vin to explore. There are church bells at 12 noon and I can occasionally hear a train. I grew up with trains in the background and always enjoy hearing them. There is a Catholic church school across the street so most of the day is filled with the sound of children playing. But one of my most favorite things is the paper recycle bin across the street.
It is like having a free book store - seriously! I check it everyday and when I see someone making a big drop off I go check it out immediately. Yes technically it's digging in trash but really it's just paper and so it's not dirty. Here is a picture of the books I got out a few days ago. I took them to Half Price and got $10.00. So it’s not that much but it is free money.
Today I found the 50th anniversary box VHS set of Gone With the Wind and last week I found this note in a bible. It is such a sweet sentiment. So without further ado here is my Flashback Friday ...



December 30, 1972

Dear Jon, I have always loved you best !

This will be the last letter I write to you this year – I have always loved you in a special way because you were our first miracle – you were the genesis of a marriage, the fulfillment of young love, the promise of our infinity - and we wanted you so very much! You sustained us through the hamburger and hot dog years – our first tiny house furnished in early poverty, our first mode of transportation (1937 Plymouth) a small radio we paid on for 24 months.
You were new – had unused Grandparents, and had more clothes than a Barbie doll You were the original model for unsure parents trying to work the bugs out – you got the orange juice fresh, the strained lamb, stuck with pins and 3 hour naps. You saw Daddy go back in the Army on your first birthday – you were our beginning – and you have been a joy and a blessing to us – almost all the time –
Happy New Year!! And great things in 1973
With Love-
Mother & Daddy

1 comment:

Tara said...

THAT was absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. What perspective!