circus


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fall Festivities

As things are slowing down around here we’ve had the opportunity to enjoy the fall season. Last Friday was the annual Brinker Fall Festival. This year the Oscar Meyer wienermobile was there. Teri rode in it to breakfast and got to see all the people on the highway stare and wave at it. What a rare opportunity! How many people can say they took a ride in the famous wienermobile?
The festival featured hot dogs (of course) cotton candy, balloon animals, games, live music and much more. Vin took the opportunity to dress up in the On The Border table decorations. Everybody got a good laugh!












We now have three pecan trees in the front yard and they are dropping nuts like crazy. We took the time last Saturday morning to pick a few baskets. The weather was crisp, perfect for nut picking and soon there will be pie! Vin enjoyed the activity too but wasn’t all that helpful in keeping the nuts in the basket.




Also let me take a minute to brag about my wife. She is in travel mode again for the next few weeks but made sure that Vin and I were set with prepared food before she left. She even left me a note indicating what food was for me and what was for Vin. Here's a scanned copy.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our baby bean cracker. Teri

Tara said...

oh.my.gosh. Where do I start...hmmm...LOVE the plaid overalls on Vin. Always so cute! Wienermobile...priceless...and so many tasteless jokes I could post right now...pecans...yum! Can we come play at your house this weekend?

And my favorite...always...LOVE this food list. I am a list/organization person and a food person so this speaks to me on many levels. Love it!! You are one lucky woman!

Anonymous said...

I love the OTB pictures. What a better way to start the day with cute pictures and a good laugh. Love Mayme

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I love the fall pictures.
Tara