circus


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A new chapter

Many of you know that we officially sold our house last Thursday. I still can’t believe it’s truly happening even though we’ve started packing and are close to closing on the new house. It’s an exciting new chapter in our lives and we always knew that this house wasn’t big enough for our growing family but if you had told me in May that we would be moving by the fall, I wouldn’t have believed you. We were just casually looking at houses, and then had an offer made on our house without it being on the market and the rest is history.

In the upcoming weeks we will start construction on our new house. It’s in Casa Linda on the edge of Little Forest Hills. We love the neighborhood, have a ½ acre lot with huge pecan trees, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a studio area in the back which will be used for the arts & craft room (bring on the glitter!)


We will continue to rent our current house until the new one is ready, hopefully by October 1st. In the meantime we will be fixing the foundation (minor stuff), electrical, the roof, repairing & staining the hardwood floors, gutting and remodeling the kitchen including knocking down a wall to enlarge the utility, painting, tiling etc. etc. etc.

In order to keep costs down we’ll be painting and tiling the floor along with some demo work. We’ll keep everyone posted on the projects so if anyone want to take a sledge hammer to the walls with us or learn how to tile a kitchen floor they can come help.

This is going to be a very busy two months and I’ve made arrangements for Vin to go to Mayme’s for a week and my friend Leslie is coming to keep him the following week. The goal for me is to not lose sight of my home in the work to build the house. I have committed myself to patience, kindness, compassion and organization during this time. Please pray for me and Teri that I do not kill her as the stress mounts. Did I mention that she’s going to be out of town A LOT? Her next trip lasts 11 days! Oh Lord please send some volunteers my way to help me pack. Maybe I should have a “pack & play” party? Hum…

So now I’m way off track and planning parties, so speaking of parties, we’re going to have a Haunted House Warming on October 31st so start thinking of your costume!

And if you’re asking yourself, “Is this woman crazy? A new house, 7 history classes, a baby, moving and she’s already planning a party”

The answer is Yes, certifiably crazy! Teri already made me promise that Vin could only have one Halloween costume this year instead of the 3 he had last year.

I just had to post his "frig" costume from last year, just pretend it's Flashback Friday. Anyway...


Keep reading me this fall, it’s about to get real interesting around here.



4 comments:

Tara said...

Can't wait for the craft room. Woohoo!
If you can keep Matt and I from killing eachother I can try to keep you from killing Teri! I know it sucks when spouse is out of town. When they are around it's annoying and when they are gone it's not fun being a single parent.
This is the first time I've seen the pig-frig-frog costumes. Sweet! And embarrasing, all at the same time :)
Oh I love you guys. You make me laugh. And the whole demolition thing...all I can say is better you than me and you are sooo playing into the lesbo stereotype!

Tara said...

p.s. it's time to change the birthday ticker!

Anonymous said...

Dang girl! That made me tired just reading it. You know I am up for painting anytime. It is my stress reliever!
Tara

Wendy P said...

You have an award waiting for you on my blog!