circus


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Llano and the Guys

On a whim last Friday Teri called and wanted to go visit Patty and Terry in Llano. It's about a 4 hour drive for us and a perfect getaway to the Texas Hill Country. When I called to let her know that we were coming she said she had 1 of her 5 spare beds available to us. My mother is a wonderful host to her company and therefore always has a house full of family and friends.


In this case she had a house full of cowboys which is not unusual. However, I must say that when they have cowboys around they aren't just any cowboys they are professional rodeo cowboys. This weekend we hung out with Steer Wrestlers Dane Hanna, Beau Franzen, and 2005 World Champion Steer Wrestler Lee Graves. I should also mention that their neighbor is 8 time world champion team roper Rich Skelton.
These guys also have a television show in the works called Rodeo Drive which is being produced by the same guys who do the Deadliest Catch. The film crew was there on Saturday - so cool!

Here's Vin hanging out with Dane and a roping dummy and on a horse with Mayme and Grumps in their new barn and ropin' arena.








They just built this house last year and we all got to spend Christmas here this past year. Patty is now hard a work getting it all set up, decorated and landscaped. It is a beautiful and comfortable house to stay in.

Check it out on my virtual home tour

Living Room








The Kitchen







Master Bedroom and Bath










Front and Back Patio






Miss Lilly and the Bunk House - The tree is named Miss Lilly Live Oak and she's just outside the kitchen patio. In the background is the Bunk House which has a bedroom, living room, full kitchen and laundry. The other cool thing about it is the cedar hitching posts which really get used by the guys. If you look close you can see Dane cleaning up before they got ready to head out to Arizona.



3 comments:

MamaNamaste said...

I'm thinking Vin needs a birthday extravaganza in Llano and all his buddies need to be there and the parents need a visit to the winery! Yes, I'm inviting myself. I'm not shy! It looks so peaceful, inviting, welcoming, fun!

Wendy P said...

I want to come to! Dibs on bedroom #2.

I've caved and started a blog, btw.

Anonymous said...

Mother's House...how do you spell Mother to capture the verbal cadence of Kam....Muther. I always knew Patty was stardoom bound. I left you two a book of a message on FB!!!....Muuther. Sounds like she might set the table with 5 wine glasses, real silver and have an afternoon tea, lol!! xoxo d