circus


Friday, May 30, 2008

Our latest trip to the Dr. was Monday and Vin now weighs 6 lbs. 12 oz. which means he gained almost a pound in the last week. The average weight gain for newborn boys is an ounce a day so he should be a big boy in no time. He goes to the Dr. again in two weeks.
The world is changing these days, case in point, at the Dr. the options for parental relationships lists: single married, divorced, or long time partner. This is so wonderful to see printed on the form so we don't have to write it in ourselves. I was also pleased to see when I ordered Vin's baby book that pages could be ordered for Mom/Dad, Mom/Mom or Dad/Dad format. I know these are minor in the big scheme of life but small efforts like these give me faith that the world is getting closer to recognizing that families come in all shapes and sizes.

Teri went back to work on Tuesday but since then has worked a few half days at home to make sure I was ok with everything. We sure miss her since she always makes a real lunch while if it's just me I'll eat mac and cheese or a grilled cheese sandwich nearly everyday. She's also great for being the calm one and encouraging me and giving me confidence when I'm doubting myself and all the new baby stuff that I'm (we're) clueless about. But best of all about her is her gift giving. A few days ago she surprised me with a gold and emerald ring (Vin's birth stone). She is so great and I wish she could stay home with us everyday!
Twice today Vin has done the "tinkle sprinkler" to me while changing him. You'd think I'd learn but I haven't so far. Teri's claim to fame is that he's tried to sprinkle her but she ducks and weaves and so he's never officially gotten her yet. Additionally he's launched his spit up three times in the last day or so. All I can say is that I've done more laundry in the past three weeks than I have in the past three months!

Just a cute picture of him sleeping... The only person interested in this video may be Mayme (who by the way has changed her flight to arrive on Monday instead of Wednesday of next week. She just couldn't stand it one more day!!)
The video is 4 minutes of his face - there are a few cute smiles and funny faces. Hopefully this will satisfy Mayme until Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes. Thank You so much. Love Mayme