circus


Friday, May 1, 2009

Fruit & Flowers

Fruit

Last night we went to the Wit Gallery to see Edible Goodness by Emily Lamberty. It is a photography show of beautiful, juicy, colorful fruit. Each picture is accompanied by an explanation of the natural healing properties of the fruit. Vin ate 3 1/2 strawberries in a row (the last one dropped on the floor), and you could tell that he was so happy with this new taste discovery. We were both covered in red juice so I hope my white linen jacket lives to see another day.




Flowers

We've completed the yard for the most part. The big job of laying the sod is finished and we can't thank Jadi and Audrea enough for lending some muscle for this job. I'm so looking forward to hanging out and letting Vin crawl around in the grass and play. So far we've had to water it twice a day and it's been to wet and soggy too really enjoy it, however this morning we sat in the front for a while and Vin picked my flowers. This will probably be the only time I let him destroy my marigolds but he was having so much fun that I figured I could sacrifice a few blooms for my baby.







The Yard

Here are a series of before and after pictures of our backyard. When we first moved in there were weeds at least as tall as Teri - no lie! In the past 3 years we've cleared the weeds, put in a deck, laid a stone patio, installed the fountain, put up a fence and laid sod. I'm exhausted just thinking about it! We've had tons of help along the way and a few cold beers too. Soon we will be putting up the pool and I hope we can just relax and enjoy all our hard work.




1 comment:

Wendy P said...

It looks beautiful! I love that first pic of y'all - your clothes and the colors of the art - just gorgeous!