circus


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Birthday Season

Our household is buzzing this week with party preparations for Vin's birthday. Fortunately we had lots of practice this past weekend where we attended 3 birthday parties. Let me first start with my Friday night and then we'll move on to the birthday's.


On Friday night I had plans to go out with an old high school friend I hadn't seen in almost 12 years. I called Leslie on Friday afternoon and jokingly asked if she could catch the 6 p.m. flight to join us. She said sure but--- she had to be back in Amarillo by 9 am on Saturday.
There is a fine line between being a good friend then crossing over to crazy.

Sure we were a little tired on 4 hours sleep and yes I did have 3 additional parties on Saturday, but it's not very often you have the opportunity to be with those from your past.





SIENNA

Her very talented and creative Mom made this skirt. Isn't it adorable! She also did a beautiful job making delicious food for the party. Notice below that Vin and the other babies have their hands full of treats in all the pictures.




In Lourdes' blog she said that the flower headbands were for the girls. Can you believe that?!! Lourdes of all people trying to "genderize" the babies at such a young age! We felt the headbands were equal opportunity!

Check out his chow down!


I love this picture. It is one of my all time favorites. It's like he's practicing for his own cake and really contemplating the icing. "Hmmm, yes yes I do think I like this!"

Eddie - Saturday night Aunt Tara babysat Vin and we went to Eddie Hahn's party at the Wit Gallery. Look at all those balloons! Vin would have been in heaven!

Ashely - next we were off to the Belmont Hotel for Ashley's 30th birthday party! I went into labor at the Belmont almost exactly a year ago this night. All the girls really cut loose as you can see from the tequila shots!

Ashley's reaction to turning 30!




Are our friends pretty or what!

4 comments:

Lourdes and Jamie said...

First of all, it was great to see you on Saturday and party all day!

Secondly, I'm totally downloading the pictures you took when we see you next week.

Thirdly, the flower headbands were for all (I even offered one to Jackson, who very nicely just took one to Kira instead). I totally wanted the boys to wear them but, except for liberated Vin, it didn't take on very well. I guess I should have specified all this on my post. "Flower headbands for all," I always say.

Lastly, let me know if you need any help with Vin's party setup on Friday, I'm turning EVERYTHING in by Friday afternoon and then my semester will be over!

Lourdes and Jamie said...

Revised my post. I'm so ashamed...

Wendy P said...

I'll vouch for Lourdes - she did offer Jackson a flower headband!

Vin - cake practice is a very important thing. I like to have cake practice as frequently as possible.

Ladies - how gorgeous are y'all!?!

and p.s. tequila practice is also a worthwhile pastime.

Wendy P said...

I can't believe I almost forgot...HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIN!!!