circus


Monday, March 2, 2009

Whole Foods Score!

Last night at 5:00 the Whole Foods on Greenville closed for the last time. Today they reopened in our neighborhood in the old Minyard’s building. A few years ago we all mourned the loss of our Minyard's, it was the perfect neighborhood grocery with a small parking lot, easy access, and great prices. It always reminded me of Coopers, my childhood grocery store in Canyon.
Since then we've all been anxiously awaiting the opening of the Whole Foods which is almost 2 years behind the originally schedule date.
Anyway back to the story... last night Vin and I went at 4:15 to check out the last minute closing deals and scored with half price meat! Below is a picture of my loot. I got 4 maple, blueberry sausage patties, 6 chicken thighs and a huge turkey breast. Most people wouldn't buy the bone-in turkey breast since they would have to fabricate it (chef term I picked up from Teri).
However I've got Teri and she sliced it right up. See the pictures below of the process.
I hope Vin likes Turkey because he'll be working on this for years!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuck!! Raw meat pictures first thing in the morning...yuck. Lol. Fabricate...you kill me Kam. xo d