circus


Sunday, January 25, 2009

Party All The Time

Before having Vin I viewed moms and especially groups of them with suspicion and was not all that interested in getting to know them. To me they were akin to the Red Hat Society ladies and I wanted no part of that. When I got pregnant we did not have a single friend with an infant and one of the things I liked about our friends with kids was that they didn’t make me listen to their “kid stories” very often.
Imagine my surprise when I actually met other Moms and liked them, this is just one of many unexpected joys of motherhood! We’ve had such a good time getting to know everyone and listening to their stories. I honestly don’t know if I would have survived the last 8 months if I didn’t have the support of all my mommy friends here and across the country.
In the last week alone we had the Mommy group over with their husbands for a family cookout, went to Lourdes’ house for breakfast, had Wendy and her family over for Sat. night dinner and I spent at least 2 hours on the phone with Deana in FL. That’s a lot of socializing for a one week...add to it the fact that we hosted a baby shower last Saturday and had a dinner party on Wednesday to kick of the new season of Lost. Whew we are busy family!

FAMILY COOKOUT


It was a beautiful January day and we all got some fresh air in the back yard.

me with 5 babies, yes count them...5! (ok it's hard to see Trevor's head but he's there!)


Katherine and Lisa with Wesley and Sienna. Look at the TV - we had the football games on once we were told that the Superbowl teams were still undecided. Teri and I are working on this sporty guy thing... we'll get there someday.

BREAKFAST AT LOURDES'

Lourdes is mother to Sienna, who along with Finley (pictured here) is very mobile. They are racing up the stairs here while Ashely and Lourdes "spot" and cheer them on.

At the bottom of the stairs are Wesley and Vin. They are much less mobile, actually Vin is hardly mobile at all but we have high hopes for great strides to be made in the next week.


Playing with Sienna and Finley.



DINNER WITH THE PURDUE'S

Wendy is a dear friend from my TWU days. She is the mother of Jackson and Kira. They came for dinner and Teri made sushi and Derek brought his homemade beer. We all had a great time together!
Group hugs


Teri's sushi. Check out our fancy plates and soy sauce bowls, courtesy of Deana.
Derek and Kira giving sushi a try. Wendy's kids are very adventurous eaters!
Jackson showing off his moves

No comments: