circus


Thursday, May 31, 2012

End of School Party

I’m really enjoying being the Mom of 2 and have found it much easier this time around, because I know what to expect of Reese but also because I know what to expect of me.

This time I know where my strengths as a mother are, and where they’re not, and this time I’m not beating myself up because I don’t love the newborn stage, or because he’s going to Mother’s Day Out or for a million other perceived shortcomings I have.

What I do know, is I excel at things like art projects, Halloween costumes, imagination games and party planning. Our family “hosted” Vin’s end of school party last week and I had a ball creating a fun time for those kids. I bought each of them a Happy Face balloon, made them “popsicle” rice crispy treats, coordinated the teacher gift and made them an awesome goodie bag.

This recipe can be "iced" with frosting, but I found it hard to do without melting the entire thing. I pressed sprinkles into them but in the future will mix the sprinkles in before forming the bar.

"Thanks for making us Sharpies & Smarties" - gift card enclosed.