circus


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Do You Believe in Fate

Do you believe in fate? In the past year I’ve experience a situation that I contribute directly to fate. Almost two years ago I began a Ph.D. program at UTD, since then I have decided not to continue with the degree at this time. However, while at UTD I took a gender history course and met a woman name Lourdes. Lourdes and I discovered we were pregnant at the same time but didn’t see each other again until this summer when Vin was about 8 weeks old. One afternoon I ran into her at the Magnolia Theater’s Mommy Movie day. She was with 2 other mom’s and after the show they invited me to lunch with them. I remember being so excited to have met other mothers. All their babies were within about 6 weeks of Vin and so we had a lot in common. When I went home that day I cried with joy about my fun afternoon. Since then I’ve become a part of their larger group, we meet once a month at someone’s house and then also get together for baby play dates and mommy outings.
We hosted the monthly party last month for Thanksgiving and invited the Dads too (so far we are the only lesbian family in the group) and then last night we went to Jessica’s house. I made all the babies Santa Hats and they looked sooooo cute!! Pictures from both parties are below.
So back to the fate thing… I had never taken the course with Lourdes I would not have this fantastic group of women to share my motherhood experiences with. THANK YOU FATE!!

THANKSGIVING PARTY AT OUR HOUSE














CHRISTMAS PARTY WITH ALL THE BABY SANTAS!!





3 comments:

Lourdes and Jamie said...

We're so lucky we met you too! Really, we're always saying how cool Kam and Teri are (and Vin, of course!) I know we say this a lot, but we're all so lucky to have each other. Have a super fantabulous Xmas and New Year and we'll see you all soon. (BTW, can you send us all of the pics from last night? It was really silly to have forgotten my camera)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute! I love the santa hats. Kam you are such a good and creative mother! Can't wait to see you guys. Tara

Anonymous said...

Oh Kam, only you could pull off making baby santa hats for the masses!! I think 'fate' was smiling on all moms in your group just as much as on you...they are so lucky to have met you. hohoho xoxo d