circus


Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Preparing for our first trip

Tomorrow we are leaving for Amarillo and Spearman to see my family. We will first go see my Grandmother Taylor and my Aunt Jan in Amarillo then on to see Leslie and Gaye in Canyon then finally to Spearman to my Mom's. Mat, Jaime and Tara are coming later tomorrow night and then we'll commence with our "Old Fashioned 4th of July". In Spearman they practically sell the fireworks in town. When we were kids my Grandad would take us and literally buy 100's of dollars worth of fireworks. It was a blast! A few years ago Teri had her first experience with buying and lighting fireworks, she's a city kid and once her Mom made her bury her fireworks in the backyard rather than shooting them off.
Our weekend plans include fireworks, homemade ice cream, water balloons, watermelon, steaks, ribs, beer, sunshine and swimming pools. I'll be posting pictures next week of all the festivities.
In the meantime I must get to packing.

No comments: