circus


Sunday, June 15, 2008

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted! Obviously we've been busy with Vin but we are kind of starting into a routine around here. He's doing great and had his one month check up last week, can you believe its been a month already! He's up to eight pounds and so he has the beginnings of some fat rolls on this legs. He has definitely filled out in the cheek department too and is adorable.

Yesterday he was kept by his Aunt Irene and cousin Jessica while Teri and I went to Tara & Nikki's pool with James and Jeffrey. We were able to get some desperately needed sun and a bit of a tan. Afterwards Teri barbecued some ribs, corn and asparagus and we all ate in the backyard. We have a tradition when we eat ribs -- we toss the bones into a stainless steel bowl in the middle of the table, the bones make a "pinging" sound when they hit so throughout dinner there are constantly flying bones and "pings".

Our other tradition on Saturday nights is to listen to classic country and sing. James and I are quite the duet, we can really belt out some Dolly, Kenny, etc. We can't wait to embarrass Vincent when he gets older with this behavior!

Last week my step-sister Cassie was in town from Savannah, she's expecting her first baby (a girl) in the fall. I've copied several pictures below of her visit.












I must also take this opportunity to tell everyone how wonderful my wife is. Now that Teri is back to work, Vin and I are busy with a constant cycle of feedings, diapers, rocking, feedings, diapers, rocking... To make sure that I've got lunch everyday Teri made me homemade hotpockets which we call kampockets. By homemade I mean that she made the dough from scratch then rolled it out and filled it with six varieties of fillings. Now all I have to do is heat them for one minute and I've got a lunch I can eat with one hand. She's the greatest!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get my hands on him again. He is so cute. Love Mayme

Anonymous said...

What color are his eyes?? d

Anonymous said...

His eyes are still the newborn slate blue color - I'll keep you posted when they change.